Maëstro steps makes use of the tread-over-tread system. The original staircase serves as the base on which the new treads are installed.
Add To Cart
A worn dull staircase can be transformed.with the renovation-kit for indoor stairs and complete with all the necessary details. The system is developed with simplicity, durability and design as the most important qualities to reach the final result – a neat, easy fixed and hard-wearing flight of stairs.
It comes in three three types of wood, each 15 mm in thickness.
• Oak , made of solid 15 mm fully stave glued oil primed oak.
• Walnut , 2 mm oil primed walnut veneer with a core of plywood.
• Oak , 2 mm lacquered maple veneer with a core of finger jointed maple.
Solid oak treads (also walnut and maple) are available in 1300 x 370 mm or 1450 x 435 mm dimensions
And also in three different laminate decors, 9 mm thick with a core of 8 mm MDF.
or 1450 x 435 mm dimensions.
Laminate treads are also available in 1300 x 368 mm or 1450 x 435 mm dimensions.
The stair renovation requires a minimum of preparations before the assembly. It works on most surfaces and is suitable for both open and closed staircases.
The assortment consists of different parts depending on what type of staircase that is about to be renovated:
• Tread with an integrated nosing that gives the step a self-supporting function.
• Trailing edge for open stairs.
• Riser for closed stairs.
• Tread with double nosing for bigger and deeper steps. These can be cut diagonally and thereby be used for two treads.
• Widening-piece without nosing for extra deep steps. The sides of the widening-piece and the backside of the steps are traced for easy joint with joint biscuits. Place the joint biscuits approximately 200 mm apart.
For assembly of the renovation parts is recommended MS-polymer glue.
It is a type of glue that neither contains water nor solvent but cures with the humidity in the air. It works both as a glue and filler. It will not shrink from curing and is permanently elastic. It is padding and will not compress and is therefore much suitable for rough surfaces. Solvent free mounting glue.
Retains some elasticity after curing. Very high adhesive strength. Moisture curing.It costs 12e /piece.